ISLAMIC ASSET BACKED SECURITISATION COURSE
*New Course by Muamalah*
Led by Muhammad Zahid Abdul Aziz, Director, Muamalah. Renowned Pioneer in Islamic Capital
- What is Asset Backed Securitisation?
- Basic Structure of Asset Backed Securitisation
- Differences with Private Debt Securities
- What Is Islamic Asset Backed Securitisation?
- Deliberations on what are acceptable Assets for Islamic
Securitisation. Syariah rules on Assets
- Deliberations on Issues of Structure Islamic wise
- How to enhance credit Islamically?
- Study of a Precedent Conventional Asset Backed Structure and Term Sheet on Securitisation of a Financial Receivable
- Design and arrange the first Islamic Asset Backed Securitisation
of Islamic Vehicle Financing Receivables
- Design an Islamic Asset Backed Securitisation based on Musyarakah
- Highlights of differences between Conventional and Islamic
Asset Backed Securitisation
- Islamic Asset Backed Securities Legal Documents
- Complying with Guidelines on Issuance of Asset Backed Securities
- Complyng with Guidelines on Issuance of Islamic Securities
- Legal., Regulatory, Tax and Accounting Perspectives on Asset Backed
- Debt Capital Market Personnel of Banks and Universal Brokers
- Corporate Banking Personnels
- Corporate Finance Personnels
Bankers / Merchant Bankers;
Banking Officers / Managers
Managers, Dealers, Remisiers, Asset Managers, Venture Capitalists, Investment Advisers, Analysts, Researchers
- General Managers/Managers/ Officers of Corporate Organizations, SEDC’s, State Agencies, Departments
- Directors of Listed/ Unlisted Companies
- Academics and Consultants
- Accountants / Auditors; and
- Individuals / Entrepreneurs.
Muamalah Financial Consulting Sdn Bhd (“Muamalah”) comprises a team of former Islamic
Bankers with a combined experience of over 30 years in Islamic Banking. To date Muamalah have conducted the following training
Courses/ Seminars/ Workshop to the Financial Industry:
In-house Course on Islamic Syndications, Securitisation and Legal Aspects for Alliance Merchant
In-house Islamic Trade Finance Course for Public Bank Bhd In-house Islamic
Capital Market Workshop for Bank Islam (M) Bhd, Hong Leong Bank Bhd and Malaysian International Merchant Bankers Berhad
Public Islamic Bonds & Islamic Capital
Market Course, M Hotel,
Singapore- In House Syariah Broking Course for Permodalan Nasional Berhad and
Bursa Malaysia Bhd
RM950 per participant. Fee is inclusive of
lunch, refreshments and course materials.
Organizations, which send four or more participants to the Course, shall be eligible for a 10% discount across the board.
Payment should be made by crossed cheque/ bank drafts payable to Muamalah Financial Consulting Sdn Bhd.
Receipt will be issued upon receipt of payment. All payment to be paid at least a week before the
A replacement is allowed should a participant is unable to attend. For cancellation received in
writing within one week prior to the course date, a 50% refund will be given to the participant.
Fees will be refunded in full if written notice of withdrawal is received more than two weeks prior to the course
Muhammad Zahid Abdul Aziz
Director, Muamalah Financial
Muhammad Zahid Abdul Aziz holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics from University of Exeter, United Kingdom.
After graduating in 1977, he joined an International Accounting Firm, Arthur Young & Co. London office. He returned to Malaysia
in 1982 and joined Arab Malaysian Merchant Bank Kuala Lumpur. He joined Bank Islam Malaysia Berhad in 1990 where he pioneered
and helped develop Islamic Corporate Banking specializing in Islamic Syndications and Islamic Bond Issuance. His last post
at Bank Islam was Senior Manager, Corporate Financing Dept, He has arranged over RM6.0 billion in Islamic Bond Issues during
his tenure at Bank Islam. He left Bank Islam in September 2000 to form Muamalah Financial Consulting Sdn Bhd, a firm specialised
in training and arranging of Islamic financing.
8.30 am - Registration
– 10.30 am
- Basics of Asset Backed Securitisation, Obligors, Originator, Primary Seller, Servicer, Issuer, Administrator,
Share Trustee, Bond Trustee.
- Basic Structure, Credit Enhancements, Bankruptcy Legislations and True Sales, Bankruptcy Remote SPV’s
- Differences with Private Debt Securities
– 10.45 am - Morning Break
– 1.00 pm
- What is Islamic Asset Backed Securitisation
- Syariah Rules on Assets
- Deliberations on what are Acceptable Assets for Islamic Securitisation
- Deliberations on Issues of Structure Islamic Wise
- How to Enhance Credit Islamically
pm – 2.00 pm – Lunch
2.00 pm - 3.15 pm
- Study of A Precedent Conventional Asset Backed Structure and Term Sheet on Securitisation of a Financial Receivable.
- Design the first Islamic Securitisation of Vehicle Financing Receivables
- Design the first Islamic Asset Backed Securitisation Structure with profit sharing Musyarakah Notes
- Highlights of Differences between Conventional and Islamic Asset Backed Securitisation
3.30 – Afternoon Break
§ Islamic Asset Backed Securities Legal Documents
§ Complying with Guidelines on Issuance Of Asset Backed Securities.
§ Complying with Guidelines on Issuance of Islamic Securities
§ Legal, Regulatory, Tax and Accounting Perspectives